Years in Technology: 25
Current Title: CEO
Current Organization: DIVE Networks
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
I love the pace of the technology industry, I love the ability to build something from scratch, see the fruits of it and use it to change the world.
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
I’ve had many mentors and people who have inspired me. My mom is definitely my inspiration for life and work – I appreciate the work of many artists and technologists who have pioneered and done things that haven’t been done before.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
Stand up for what you believe and what your instinct tells you – have the confidence to believe in your ideas and abilities.
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
Keep “tech” out of the way of itself. Technology is no longer it’s own industry but is a part of all industries. So help young graduates understand the pervasive nature of technology.
5. What is the best part of your job?
Being a part of a team who tackles things that have never been done before.