Years in Technology: 5
Current Title: Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Current Organization: Pressed News
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
I like moving at a fast pace and catching trends. Working in tech means that I can influence change and create my own trends.
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
My old boss, Susan Arthur. She taught me how to be a leader by being my teacher, friend, and mentor. She had an extremely successful career and also put her family first and was always honest. She always reminded me that I was smart enough and inspired me to be better.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
It’s ok to have a backup plan, but don’t work equally as hard on Plan A as you do on Plan B. Give your dreams everything you got.
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
Educate them on all the different roles that are available in tech. You don’t have to be a coder or programmer. There are so many opportunities and different ways to contribute.
5. What is the best part of your job?
When readers tell us how much they enjoy reading Pressed every morning and how it has allowed them to keep up to date on topics they don’t normally read up on. It’s so rewarding to know that you’re making a positive difference.