Years in Technology: 20+
Current Title: Global Digital Marketing Manager
Current Organization: Cogeco Peer 1
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
Vast arena of opportunity
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
My former business partner, Graeme Boyce. He allowed me to succeed, as a young woman, in a heavily male dominated industry. He taught me my only limits were my own.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
Be brave. And for goodness sake, put down the crimping iron!
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
Earlier intervention — showing young women how diverse the field of technology truly is. It’s a digital world, where “traditional” roles are evolving. Sharing how cool and interesting those roles are may encourage more young women into STEM
5. What is the best part of your job?
Reading! I spend at least an hour a day reading the latest news from around the world. It’s amazing what you can learn in 140 characters or less! Reading opens doors to new worlds.