Years in Technology: 3
Current Title: VP of Marketing
Current Organization: Venngage
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
I joined tech, specifically Venngage because I was interested in seeing the direct influence of my efforts on the growth of a company. I like that I have a lot of creative freedom, which comes specifically from working with a small team.
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
The CEO of Venngage, Eugene Woo is someone who I would consider a mentor and inspiration in regards to my work ethic. But I also look up to female entrepreneurs like Arianna Huffington, Serene Williams and Beyonce.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
Persevere. Just because you are told “no” or rejected throughout your life, doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road. Keep persevering. After all, you will only get to the “yes” once you surpass all the “no”s.
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
Give women more speaking opportunities in the industry. Encourage women to apply to these positions and ensure them that they too can be successful leaders.
5. What is the best part of your job?
I get to work with a diverse and intelligent team every day. It never feels like I’m going to work- it’s just my second home where I am more productive.