Years in Technology: 9
Current Title: Creative Director
Current Organization: Self-Employed
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
I don’t think it was entirely intentional. An ongoing interest in art led me to design which eventually brought me to web development which then turned into tech.
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
Anna Bond, Creative Director of Rifle Paper Co.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
Stop taking advice from adults, they’ve outgrown curiousity.
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
By changing their perspective on what career options are available, the benefits and the impact.
5. What is the best part of your job?
The ability to work on a variety of projects in different sectors. I’m constantly learning about other industries that before I knew very little about. It’s hard to get bored of that.