Years in Technology: 2
Current Title: Software Engineering student
Current Organization: Great-West Life
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
I’ve always loved art and science and wanted a way to bring the two together and in turn find solutions to problems and help people/ the world. I found Software Engineering offered this prospect.
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
My mom. She’s always learning new things and has never hesitated to do what she wants. She’s both an artist and a mathematician.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
Try programming! Or, just keep practicing whatever you’re already doing, because it really pays off.
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
More women! (Paradox haha) And, offering the same kind knowledge to females from a young age as men often have from one another. And, creating workplaces that encourage female conversation.
5. What is the best part of your job?
The people, and the chance to be creative.